The Council for British Research in the Levant (CBRL) presents the results of recent research, at a conference to be hosted by the London Middle East Institute (LMEI). Session themes will include:
- Cultural heritage in conflict.
- Cultural heritage, society and economics.
- Britain and the Levant: culture and (mis)communication.
- The past in the political present: the legacy of colonialism and intervention.
- The politics of dissent: challenges to Orientalism and Zionism.
- The impact of research – working with humanitarian agencies/practitioners.
- The future of the past in the Middle East.
Key note speakers are Professor Charles Tripp (SOAS) and Lina Khatib (Arab Reform Initiative).
For more information including event venue, cost and booking details, please visit: http://cbrl.org.uk/event/the-past-in-the-present-of-the-middle-east